Thread: A pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
That must crease the cards as they go around the corner to the outfeed right? It may be ok for really thin stuff like 81 Donruss, but I don't think I'd run anything expensive through there.

Steve B
I have run 1000s and 1000s of cards through with never a hint of a blemish on a card caused by the scanner(I tested many beater cards before sending anything of value through). Just think about how cards ended up in their original packaging......by a machine. Think about all of the high grade cards pulled out of packs, all after they were handled/packed by a machine. And yes, there are some cards that were damaged during the packing process, but there were many, many more that went through the process just fine. This scanner is likely much, much gentler than the equipment used to pack cards.

Now, mostly what I run through the scanner are lower priced, mid grade 1950-70s commons...cards like 81 Donruss do not go through as easy as your typical commons due to their (starchy) finish. Much glossier or more rigid (post 1990) cards do not go through at all....at least for me. Vending type cards I run through in small groups or even one at a time, where mid grade commons from the 60s I can run a stack of about a dozen through at a time. Some of the early 50s cards (off grade) I run through one or two at a time also due to their rigidity.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 05-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.