View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 PM

Hey JollyElm,

My advice to you is to give Tom Bartsch a buzz at his office. His platter is awful full these days and your email may have accidentally dropped from his memory. He's a very nice family man and truly cares about the hobby.

Moreover, the print publications are not all dead. I don't consider a subscriber number just shy of ten thousand dead. True, it was once over twice that. By the same token, the amount of good threads here and the number of avid, serious respondents has dived a bit over the last few years. In no way is that Leon's fault; it is very much up to us to help the hobby continue to thrive.

That said, Tom Bartsch may be reached at 1-800-726-9966, extention 13815. I sincerely hope it goes well for you, bro.

How well I remember the spring of '62. Upon peeling open my first few second series Topps wax packs, the Babe Ruth Special cards were so cool, but I was hot about those green tints--"What's this ugly green? Hey, somebody messed up here. I don't like these cards." Make sure you put a loud, bratty whine in your voice when you say the first and last sentence of my brief vignette. Just as Curly remarked to Moe's insistence that he eat his spinach in the 1941 3 Stooges classic, "All the World's A Stooge".

---Brian Powell