View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Roberto

Mike,

You say "relatively pedestrian stub" but I have to strongly disagree along with that description of this particular ticket.

#1 - Clemente hit HR #229 in the game
#2 - 4 RBIs in the game
#3 - attendance was fairly low at just under 17,000
#4 - hit #2837 and #2838 in this game

He would go on to ONLY hit 6 more regular season Home Runs at home before his untimely passing so this ticket in that regard is pretty special.

The "coup de grace" so to speak is that this is Roberto's last regular or post season game to EVER knock in 4 RBIs. I think for a Clemente fan or any fan for that matter that his last 4 RBI game EVER is very special indeed.

I'm sure there are Clemente die-hards collecting his HR games and career hit games or at the very least, the early career games and the twilight career games which this stub fits into nicely.

I'm actually VERY surprised it did not go higher but if the seller had listed all of this, maybe it might have.

Peace, Mike

PS I saw Clemente Jr in Cooperstown on the golf course in the mid 1980s. He would not respond to anyone in the crowd calling for him .....except for me. I yelled "Arriba"....he immediately looked at me, smiled and jogged over to sign my 8x10 of his dad and my HOF book on a special page that I save only for family members of HOFamers. He signed 2 for me and none for anyone else around me! That was incredible!

PS2 Good luck in your quest and I agree with the previous post that patience is key. At least you have a really good head start on everyone else and you have all the post season ones so that is key also. Take care.

Last edited by vthobby; 05-01-2015 at 11:26 PM.