View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a761506 View Post
You're trying to find a bargain on a card that doesn't have bargains. It doesn't exist. The only reason someone would be tempted to pay PSA 5 money for that card is on the if-come of getting a higher grade when submitting it. The best word for this is greed. The seller will have got to your greed if you decided to buy it, it's highly likely the card has been altered regardless of how it may appear in the photo or the guy would have submitted it himself to resell it for it's true value.

This is a common card. You can find PSA 5's on the regular. Why bother gambling when it is completely unnecessary in this situation?
I agree on some points and disagree on some others. Yes the card is attainable, for sure.

But I don't think bargain hunting is necessarily greed. I'll take a little risk for the chance of a higher grade based on my judgment. I won't take the risk of buying a card I think might have been altered.

I like the thrill of finding a deal. It honestly keeps me more entertained than a lot in this hobby. I can only look at my collection so much. I spend a LOT of time hunting for a deal.

Thanks for the input.