View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Me personally, I hate auctions that end at 4:00-5:00 in the morning. Those definitely favor the west coast bidders at the expense of the east coasters. For the Love of the Game auction this morning, it was STILL going on when I woke up at 6:00 AM in the morning! I technically could have kept the bidding going, but Al shut the auction down even though the countdown clock was still winding down.

My favorite auction endings are Hunt, Legendary, and Huggins & Scott. Have each lot with their own 30 minute timer. Poop or get off the pot.

When you end auctions in the wee hours or definitive late times (Ebay ending in the early hours or a Net 54 live auction ending at midnight), you definitely lose out on the East Coasters bidding, which hurts your final price.

I generally agree with this sentiment, however this morning my dog woke me up at 5:30, wanting to go out. I checked in on LOTG and was able to come back and win an item that I had been outbid on overnight. So that was a good start to the day.

Generally though, I like the lot by lot 15 minute rule...
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.