View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 12:41 PM

Chris----I loved the photo you did with your dog "admiring" your 1952 T. Mantle. That was an inspiration.

Jason---Congrats on a wonderful Hank Aaron collection, bro. Don't be surprised if you decide to add another display case. One thing about player collecting; it's hard to limit yourself. I always respected Hank Aaron. I came to almost resent him in the early 70s. It wasn't too hard to "get over" Hank beatin' the Babe's record. Nah, it was because he always seemed to murder my Cubs. Every stinkin' game it seemed. Like Bugs said in his baseball cartoon where he faced the rough Gashouse Gorillas, "Wham--a homer, wham, another homer, wham, wham, wham, wh....."

When Mr. Aaron finally left the National League, the relief never came. Another slugger had already begun to take his place to have the Cubs for lunch---Mike Schmidt. With Ernie retired, Ron Santo aging and traded, and Billy Williams soon to go to the A's, and Fergie Jenkins to Texas in another stupid trade by Cubs management, it was all over for me as a Cubs fan.

Anyway, kudos to your Henry Aaron collection. Long may his record last. We certainly cannot acknowledge Rotten Berry Bogus Bonds.

I know; I'm gettin' mouthy. I gotta eat and head to work anyway.

Take care, guys. ----Brian Powell