View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Gum smell.....

I was in my local shop today and started talking about the "gum stained" cards and lo and behold, folks started talking about the concept and then I saw them start to open the Heritage packs!

Huh, what a concept......try something different (its new), have those cards smell like gum on the back (they do), and maybe, just maybe get folks talking cards, shooting the bull, and opening packs. The guys thought it was a hoot and that's it. They did not think it was stupid or crazy. They just got a kick out of it.

Yah...I can see why most of you don't like the idea. It actually stimulates interest in the hobby....except on this thread obviously.

Some of you need to lighten up, stop agreeing with the crowd mentality (I know some of you can think on your own right?) and just let the hobby try to repair itself slowly.

This gum concept is not going to repair the hobby but it is funny, it is different, and hey look, it got a bunch of net54 dudes talking about how stupid it is. What more could Topps ask for?

I even think Sy Berger may he rest in peace might have gotten a grin out of it. Actually, he would have just added a real slab of gum but oh well.....

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 03-05-2015 at 07:28 PM.