View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 PM
JeR@Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybuddyinc View Post
To stay on T210 topic, first off is Jim Fox of Columbus. Quite an unassuming fellow, the first baseman and manager. He managed Columbus from 1909-15. The team was then called the "Foxes." It was called the Foxes until 1930. Even when Columbus (Red Stixx) lost there team about 10 years ago, they still had a little fox emblem on their sleeve. Way to go, Jim !!!!

Second up is T211 Red Sun "sister" boxing series, T226. The back also indicates a "First Series" (and a great misspelling). The images match up (not all, but grand majority) to T218, which there are 62 boxers. I could go on, but main point is there was a most expected "Second Series."

Attachment 180227
- Scott - That is great evidence right there and to me provides enough proof, there was going to be that 2nd series of T211's. To confirm... of the 30 Red Sun Boxers, do all 30 reside with same pose in that T218 set? Also, have you spotted any trend with the 2nd batch of T218's? Do those next 32 Boxers come from a different time period(Realizing these were printed as one set, but curious about the 32 boxers not included in T211 set... Which set came first?) I wonder if we analyzed the history of those 32 boxers, would there be some identifier from one of the cards where by it had to have been printed at a later date. (Example from Lipset : T211's include certain SLers due to time period they played, etc. (T211's were released in early 1910) ---- Great info... Would love to see the back of the T218. Do we know when the T218's were printed and distributed as well as the Red Sun boxers?

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 02-22-2015 at 09:02 PM.