Thread: ebay issues
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

A couple of years ago, I bought a raw 1957 Topps Clemente on eBay that was described as NM. When I got the card I was thrilled and shared my purchase with a fellow board member by emailing him the seller's eBay scans (the seller's scans were better than I could do at the time). From the scans, the board member saw a huge horizontal crease on the back of the card (didn't show through to the front) that ran the entire width of the card. He asked me if I noticed it which I did not. Sure enough, he was right. I emailed the seller to inform him that I would be returning it. The seller told me that he hadn't noticed a crease, but allowed me to return it for a full refund. I put the card in a top loader and marked on the top loader exactly where the crease was so he could easily identify it once he got it back. He got it back, refunded my money, but still claimed he couldn't see the crease even with the card in hand and having it marked on the top loader exactly where it was.

My point is, sometimes we do miss things like that - even with the card in hand.