View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Curt

When I first was introduced to baseball cards, TCMA and Renata Galasso were a few of the places I mail ordered things from. Paul Marchant was another I remember buying from. I think I generally got my sets from Paul and Renata and the other stuff from TCMA. Aside from a rare trip to Pacific Trading Cards and a couple other small shops in seattle that I would later discover (Paperback Exchange and Golden Age Collectibles), everything was mail order.

I remember getting the TCMA catalogs for a while and wish I had kept more. I don't know what happened to all of the card magazines/catalogs I had, but suspect my dad tossed them (no cards were tossed luckily). I only have 2-3 floating around. I ordered a number of the collector sets as well, including the All Times Greats postcard set and the 1951 Giants among others. That is really what got me loving oddball sets and I have purchased many different TCMA sets over the years. Looking back at old catalogs, I wonder why I didn't buy more as the prices seemed cheap, but then again I was just a kid with no income!

I would love to see more posts and photos from TCMA! Thanks gentlemen.