View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Scott - to be clear, I was not the consignor in SCP or any other auction, and I never owned this piece or any of the letters. Also, I've never been an underbidder on the item. To that end, I worded my original post very carefully and certainly didn't think I implied anything nefarious - all I did was ask a simple question. I had interest in the Cobb letter when you posted it, but I recalled them having been sold as a group in a Lipset auction a few years ago with the information I asked about above (I was not aware SCP sold them as well).

As for my knowing what the JSA letters say, if you go back and check the Lipset auction, you will see that it quotes the JSA letter, which is what I recalled reading.
Okay, thanks Jon, for clarifying. The phrase you used - "traced over" - was a little irritating, since the SCP auction didn't describe anything of the sort, and tracing is frowned upon with autographs. The Cobb signature is definitely darker than the others. Nothing was done to the other autographs to prepare them for publication, so I have no idea why someone would have even enhanced the background of the Cobb, or traced over it (if that occurred).

In any case, I'll pull it as the thought is now in the head of anyone who would consider purchasing it.