View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Well why wouldn't someone speak out and admit it if it happened 5, 15, 40 years ago? Enough time has passed that they likely would face no repercussions. Maybe a ball-boy or equipment manager who hasn't been involved in football for decades and who really has no legacy to tarnish, if that's even a concern for others. Hell, maybe a tell-all book from such a guy who needs $$$ or who wants his 15 minutes of fame. Yet not a peep. All the more mysterious if it's not that big a deal as some here have suggested-- you'd think it would have popped up in one player or coach's autobiography or another over the past 50 years if it was no biggie or if it was widespread. Show me, please.
Very good points, but I don't think anyone cared. I think the former quarterbacks who are speaking out are the ones who did not deflate balls and I think the guys who did deflate balls are keeping their mouths shut...for now. It's very possible that some ex-qb will eventually come forward and say that he did the same thing.

And of course, it's also possible that Brady didn't do anything, which makes this whole discussion an exercise in revisionist history...at least my parts, anyway