View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Todd - I guarantee you other quarterbacks have been doing it. I saw a photo of Ben Roethlisberger holding onto a football like it was a nerf ball. Impossible with normal inflation. Wish I could find that pic again.
Sorry Scott, whatever pics you show me, I'm not buying your guarantee. If someone comes forward and admits it, I'll change my stance. I simply find it hard to believe that the Steelers-- a routinely successful team un-liked by many and with at least one hated rival, apparently have not been challenged for this same conduct. Nor have others. I refuse to drink the kool-aid that this vast group of people is just out to get the Patriots. You might think that at least one former player--maybe one looking for attention or with simply no concern about fallout--would step forward and say this ball deflation happens regularly. I just can't see such a diverse group of football people from different eras all closing ranks and declining to admit that this happens. Now, if one or two did come forward I would likely remain skeptical about their assertions and would look closely at them, but I would at least expect to see that much happen and as yet, it has not.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.