Thread: Is 5k too much?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekMichael View Post
No hard feelings, of course. We are on the most entertaining baseball card forum that I know to exist, and I always expect to hear and see just about everything in my time here. I expect people to give their honest feedback.

I must say, however, that I did not advertise my card in any way that would suggest I prefer to go off of Ebay, and I had nothing to do with the creation of this thread. I simply commented when I saw the thread, and gave my fellow board members a heads up that clicking the "Buy It Now" is not necessary and that by doing so they would be wasting hundreds of their hard earned dollars.

Maybe it was not appropriate, maybe it really is ok. I guess that just comes down to someones personal opinion. I can say that the practice of listing on Ebay and ending the listing for a private sale is done routinely by various sellers, so the notion is not at all earth shattering in my eyes. Again, it is just one mans opinion.

Anyways, let it rip. I will be just fine.

Derek

Ebay actually has a listed reason to take down an item early as 'item no longer available' I think ebay assume people can be trying to sell the card as well off ebay....I see ZERO problem selling a card off ebay...again ebay provides ebay protections and etc that are lost in direct transactions...to each their own...