View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Hey Mike and Andrew,

I won a set of Yankees photos from the recent Huggins & Scott auction. They were produced by SCFC. I didn't know anything about them. Today I got curious and did a little research on the 'net. I found out SCFC stands for Sport Cards for Collectors and it was a precursor to TCMA
Yes, that is correct . SCFC goes back to the late 60's and was my father and his Uncle, Myron Aronstein. From what my father says SCFC was really just a way for him to make extra money to support his collecting. Then, when things started to evolve he met Tom Collier and formed TCMA, buying out Collier within the first year or two of the partnership. I will have to get more details from the source, considering this all happened almost ten years before I was born!

Those photos are interesting, I don't think I've ever seen them before. To be honest I thought SCFC had only done the art cards that were drawn by my father's Uncle (and some by his Aunt). Will talk to my father this evening and let you know. This has me curious now as well. He just flew in from Cuba today and I think he came back with some cards .