View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:52 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saco River Auction View Post
Hello All and Thank You for the kind words and bidding in the sale. We had a great auction. The next round of cards from this collection will be February 18 2015 @5PM EST. The list will be compiled within a week or two on that group.

So everyone wants to know about raw cards and how the grading was done. My deal with my consignor was that I was responsible for the grading fees on this collection. Obviously I kept that in mind when deciding which cards to grade and how much to spend on this lot. Grading can be expensive and there really are no guarantees for a return on investment. So from a business standpoint we evaluated the group twice, including with Scott at SGC. We wanted cards in the $200 range, and or grade 5 plus. We initially graded about 500 cards out of the group.

I then picked out an additional 125 cards and graded those as well.

Next I was told by several customers that many T206 buyers like buying raw cards because they like the excitement of having them graded by the company of their choice. In order to appeal to all buyers I made the choice to sell raw cards in groups of 10. Many of those groups have excellent cards in them including EPDG backs and 4 and 5 grades. Some even have HOF players. The prices for the raw cards were strong and I am happy with the results.

At no time was the decision made to leave cards raw because they were suspected of being trimmed. In fact, in the collection there were only a few cards which were determined to be under sized but had full borders.

Many of you bid strong and won the raw cards and I am confident that each of you will be very pleased with them.

As always if anyone has questions for me please ask. I can always be contacted on my cell phone 207-650-5677

Troy
Excellent feedback Troy, thanks for posting this. Now if you had just posted that BEFORE the auction you might have seen some extra money coming in (from me).....haha.

Do you have a timeline of when the next auction will be and the lots involved?

The lineup for this was excellent and I look forward to the next one.