Thread: Chains
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Frank, this was a great topic - thank you.

To summarize my thoughts, I hate instant replay. I also hate that stupid giant robot looking mascot they use throughout the game, the dumb theme songs they repeat until you can't get them out of your head, coke-head and murderer former players turned announcers and various other things.

I would gladly trade HD t.v. and go back to a small vacuum tube fuzzy screen, to get rid of all of the above.

Thanks Scott, I think you get it and we agree more than we disagree. I am just struck by the things in football that haven't changed in 60 years. There is a kickoff and there still are four downs. There are still 15 minutes in a quarter and four quarters in a game (but how they are measured has changed). There are still eleven players on both sides of the ball. And lets not forget the chains, but almost every other aspect of the game has evolved (some would say improved). Technology has impacted the game (in football and in other sports as well), but not the chains. And the championship game of 1958 between the Colts and the Giants was just as enjoyable as this year's Super Bowl will be. And some would say more enjoyable.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.