View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerin'Hank View Post
$1,000,000 question.............How is the yellow so easily removed without damaging the card ?
Like Al said just put it in sunlight. Those cards are the easiest to spot as being altered. The ones done in direct sunlight usually get a dirty dry look to the gloss. The card will also usually get a wavy effect to it like it got damp once.

Then there is the way the yellow ink looks. The key is no matter if there is very little(barely notice) or a lot(regular color) the yellow will be a bright yellow. If it is not a bright yellow it is because it had been faded. The best place to look on the Aaron card is around the Indian in the logo. Notice every one pictured in this thread and every other one you have ever seen has varying degrees of a dull yellow.

Now for the better done ones. They are not wavy, gloss look good, and looks to be no yellow in the circle. These need a 10X loupe to spot in a well naturally lit area. The white in the logo will not be as bright as the white on any other part of the card. Also a quick look with a 60-100X top lighted microscope works pretty well.

There is another thread on here that I have pictures of real missing yellow cards and how to spot them. I do not know how to link to it or I would. I believe someone also posted some great pics that showed where the price sticker was. It was also discussing the 58 Blue Aaron.