View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show your T206 card(s) that are more scarce than the JOE DOYLE NAT'L card

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

No by my definition that still wouldn't qualify. That is clearly a t206 proof, not a t206 that was to be mass produced but changed in the process (Like the Doyle and Magie).

I didn't refer to a "typical" t206 collector. I referred to a typcial t206 set collector. In which case the set is defined by one of each front with exclusion to what is on the back.

Andy

"RARITY" .... is a function of a market driven phenomena. Therefore, it is collector based. And, there are a fair number of T206 collectors that seek certain front / back combos,
printing flaws, and yes...Proofs. I think you will agree that not all collectors strive to complete a 520-card (or whatever) T206 set.

Secondly, Sports and Non-Sports Sets since the 19th Century that are comprised of cards that have printing on their fronts and backs are defined by both factors. They cannot
be considered separate entities [i.e. Set A (fronts), Set B (backs)].

I do not want to get into a semantics discussion here. That's not the purpose of this thread. It was intended to have some fun showing off Net54er's various scarce T206 cards.

TED Z