View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelcard View Post
Hi Chris,

Great sets. Both are tough, but D359 is tougher. It use to be considered way tougher, but interest in both of these sets has waned over the past several years. I would consider D359 complete with all the fronts and any backs.

There are variations in the E104 set as well.

Best of luck with the hunt.

Rob
It's a shame about waning interest as the cards really look great (to me). With different variations it makes for interesting collecting. I will go with what you guys are saying as tougher, more specifically what Pete already said. My only difference would be when the set(s) are complete. If it were me, I would be doing something more than a basic set with either back. It makes it more daunting. I remember trying to do a master D303 set (Mothers and General Baking). I got wore out and went back to type collecting but it was a lot of fun while I was doing it. Just something to consider. And I remember when I won this E104-1 Plank from one of Lew Lipset's auctions. I wanted it for the Nadja back. He said he thought it went low, so did I. I think it went for around 450, and even in today's depressed state of E cards, it has probably held up ok. Good luck to the OP, whichever way you choose. Good topic and question. One last thing, interestingly I have probably seen more full sets of D359 than I have E104-1. But would still say in general, as mentioned, D359 are a little tougher.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe104plankthomaskrausex3.jpg (77.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg pd359x3cards2.jpg (77.5 KB, 89 views)