View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild View Post
Not sure if this has ever been discussed. I started watching Seinfeld re-runs again for the first time in like 5 years. The "Muffin Top" episode was on yesterday. A scene in that episode takes place in George's office when he works for the Yankees. Now, I would not have noticed this 5 years ago since I wasn't collecting back then, but on the wall of his office hangs what looks to be a T205 NY (american and national?) team set. Not sure if they are real or reprints, but I thought it was pretty cool to see a Matty (my wife didn't get as excited). Has anybody else noticed pre-war cards on display in any TV shows or Movies?
There's also a 1888 Goodwin Champions (ball players) reprint set displayed similarly to these T205's in the hallway outside George's office. You can see it in the episode where Kramer gets the birthday card signed by the Yankees framed and Paul O'Neil has to hit two homers to get it back from the sick kid. They can also be seen in the episode where Jerry accidentally squirts Grapefruit juice in George's eye and he keeps squinting/winking and in the episode when George eats the Kung Pow chicken and is sweating when being questioned about stolen Yankees equipment. Love Seinfeld. Pretty sure I've seen some pre-war cards displayed in "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" bar as well.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 12-22-2014 at 06:58 PM.