View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 01:30 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Let me tell a story about signed checks that I reported to LE but nothing was ever done.
Some time ago a "Babe Ruth Foundation" blank check was for sale on ebay. I was immediately worried what would happen to this check when I saw it. Sure enough it was sold and a month later the check was for sale again. Only guess what. It was filled out now and signed. They brought Babe out of the grave to sign it. It was the exact same check.
I'm not familiar with the Foundation checks that you're speaking of. Were they from when Babe was still alive or was it set up after he died? Do you have a photo of that check? I'd like to know what it looks like to keep an eye out for those.

Have you seen any "Babe Ruth" checks that have forgeries on them? I know people can make high quality prints of these from originals but I don't think I've ever seen any actual ink forgeries on a "Babe Ruth" period check. Maybe they do exist and I'm not aware of it.

I realize forgers will do anything and everything they can and will snatch up blank checks like that to forge. I've never seen any on Ruth's "Babe Ruth" checks. Mine is from the Chemical Bank, NY from 1936 made out to Claire and endorsed by Claire on the reverse.

I have no doubts as to my check but I realize their are other check types of Ruth out there and certainly one has to do their due diligence on a signature on any medium. I think I've seen some "voucher" checks that don't carry the "Babe Ruth" moniker on them which I don't know a whole lot about either.