View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Bill Gregory

Brad, Kevin touches on something really important. And it's why I can't really give you an accurate idea on what the card could command on the open market right now. Without seeing the card, all any of us can do is give you an estimate.

An SGC 5.5 tells me it's a nice card. But two SGC 5.5s could get command radically different prices, even from the same buyer.

A card can technically get downgraded for something very subtle, or something quite noticeable. So while after taking everything into consideration, two cards could conceivably get the same grade, they could look completely different. If the card you have is centered, and I mean really centered, it would command a premium over a similarly-graded card that is off-center. Aesthetics is such a big deal in baseball cards. And speaking for myself, I would much rather have a perfectly centered card with touched corners than an off-centered card with razor sharp corners.

If you could post a picture of the card, front and back, we should be able to narrow things what it might go for. Remember though, if more people are hot for the card, the competition could push the price of the card higher than the range we provide. If only a few people are wanting that card at the particular time you have it on sale, it might underperform on what we'd predict. But, having an accurate idea of that card's true market potential at that time could help you set a minimum that would prevent selling the card at too low a price.

I, for one, would just love to see it, even if it's just because I'm such a love of the set.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 12-13-2014 at 02:21 AM.