View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Another class of cards I think are overrated are PSA 9s and 10s. When I look at the sharp and centered 1975 set that Bill is building, with many PSA 8s, I just can't fathom how distinctions largely requiring a loupe to spot would justify 10x markups to price. I understand there is a rarity issue, but I regard this form of rarity as artificial. Were it not for the grading service assigning a numeral, I think we would generally view all cards in the PSA 8-10 spectrum as much, much more alike than different, perhaps only deciding on the rarest occasion that one looks ever so slightly better than the other and warrants a 10% markup.

Never understood how the hobby guys on Net54 look down on the PSA 10's of the post war car. PSA did a great favor to the hobby to help find rarity in non rare cards. PSA is here to stay.

Saying 'were it not for the grading service assigning a numeral' that the cards would be graded the same....perhaps..but without Jordan or Pippen, the Bulls don't win 6 championships......the grading service assigning a numeral cant be discounted..its a huge thing...just like pippen and Jordan...