View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
An$on

Default Glad to see I'm not the only one who agrees it's too high

Oh yeah, definitely - I've bought hundreds of Goudeys and definitely always make it a habit to ask for a back photo unless it's described as poor or graded.

I don't really fault the seller. They had a PSA 3, which they advertised as such, and that I agreed to purchase. Plus, they take returns so I don't know that they were really trying to be overly deceptive. I also got it at a reasonable price at $135.00, when other lower grades have gone for more on eBay, so I'll probably just keep it.

I'm just surprised it warranted such a high grade. If I saw it at a 1.5, even, I probably wouldn't flinch.

I continue to remain flabbergasted at grading inconsistencies, even within the same company, though. For example, here is my Lefty Gomez that is graded a 3 by PSA. Just crushes this card all day long and there's no logical reason they should have the same grade - overlooking the miscut since that is a qualifier, it has a spotless front/back and a very light/small crease in upper left corner as opposed to the full length one in the Berg. Makes zero sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (75.3 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0003.jpg (75.9 KB, 213 views)