View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I don't have a lot of faith in the voters getting it 'right' - once again, several won't vote for deserving candidates just so they can have their moment in the spotlight (to explain - Ruth, Aaron, etc. didn't get 100%). The writers are only human, and are thus subject to all the same faults we all are...so, as much as statistics, great memories, great performances, and character should and do matter, it really comes down to a popularity contest in some ways, like the All-Star game, only to a lesser degree.

Who do I believe will be voted in this time: Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and maybe Craig Biggio. I really wish Smoltz had retired a year earlier and gotten in with Maddux and Glavine, and I think he may suffer from comparisons to RJ, Pedro, and also to Schilling and Mussina who haven't come close.

After three getting in last year, I'm not sure it will happen again the very next year.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente