View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Fred

After completing that set I never understood why Lord/Daugherty card was considered hard to obtain. There were quite a few errors in the "Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards".

A big error that I think/hope has finally been corrected in the "Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards" is the existence of an N162 Dunlop on Detroit. My guess is some hobby veteran indicated he mistakenly had the card and based on that collectors status the publisher of the catalog listed it as a part of the set. What was really odd is that the "Detroit" version (non-existant) was listed as the cheaper of the two cards (Detroit or Pittsburgh team designation).

Perhaps the Lord/Daugherty was difficult for some advanced collector(s) to find (before the days of the internet) so when the original card catalogs were published the card was deemed scarce or a short print based on a false assumption. That is what I truly believe. I bet any adavanced collector that has gone after the T201 set will tell you Lord/Daugherty is not difficult to find.

Last edited by Fred; 11-18-2014 at 10:20 PM.