View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
New Erskine piece
Drew-

That is a really beautiful piece. Did you put that together, or did you acquire it like that? I wasn't quite clear on that. However you acquired it, what a wonderful collection. You don't have to be a Dodgers fan to appreciate that (though I am). It's funny, the first time I really remember being interested in learning about the Brooklyn Dodgers was after watching the movie Mask. Rusty was putting together a 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers set. I already loved baseball, and I knew about some of the players, but I didn't know about the absolute love affair that the people of Brooklyn had with their baseball team. And learning about dem Bums really helped kick my passion for the game's history in high gear, where it's been ever since.

I know you mentioned to me that Carl has really been kind to you in your correspondence with him over the last few years, and that the message you sent to me was in response to a post I made on the vintage card side. The auction on the 1953 Bowman Color card ends tonight, and I'm really hoping to win the card. I'm going to build the entire set, and that would be the first card I have that's not SGC graded. I was thinking about sending that card off to him to see if he would kindly autograph it. I'd love to relate my story to him, as well as my appreciation of the Dodgers as a whole. My fingers are crossed.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.