View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Bill Gregory

Those are some nice cards, guys.

John, that's a nice OJ. In my admittedly limited experience researching them, it seems like there aren't a lot of horizontally-oriented cards. But I love this pose. And I can see it, too

I also have to admit that I didn't really like the E120s at first, but I am warming to them. When they're in nice shape like this Maranville, they look awesome.

Luke L., I do like the Mayo Cut Plugs. They are among my favorite pre-1900 sets. They will be among the short list of 19th Century sets I consider for my initial foray into pre-1900 period. I like the OJs, too, but too often the subjects are very hard to see. No such issue with that picture of Duffy, it is crystal clear. I'd love to own it.

Daryl, I'e heard of Kevin Savage cards. I did not know he did autions. I'm going to have to investigate. Thank you for the revelation.

Jack, do you have a nice picture of the Adams? I know I could look it up, but perhaps you have a picture that you are keeping as inspiration

Luke K. why yes, it is a beauty. I hope you are able to pick one up soon. I'll have to watch the pickup threads to see if you add one. I won't be shopping for mine for a while, probably early springtime. So, you won't have any competition here By the way, that Ramly you have for your avatar is gorgeous. I'd never seen the T204 set until I became a member here, and they've become a personal favorite. I really love black and white photography, and the embellishments make for a really eye pleasing composition.

Jantz, that's quite alright. Actually, that's the kind of card I'm looking for from everybody. I think we all have a few cards that we'd love to own, yet we couldn't quite put a finger on just why it appeals to us. This card speaks to you the same way the Keeler I pictured above does. I think this T207 card you've selected is beautiful, and haunting at the same time.

Keep them coming, everybody. Lots more people have peeked behind the curtain. Don't be shy, speak up! Tell us what you like.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.