View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Paul, I can answer two of those questions while at work ...

Best card I own with the stamp: That would be the Cy Young portrait that was mentioned on the board several months ago. The eBay seller wasn't willing to work out a payment schedule on the card, which was out of my reach. However, a board member contacted them, purchased the card and held it for me while I paid them off. Quite a kind gesture that was unexpected.

Best card with the stamp that I don't own: There is a Cobb Bat Off Shoulder that is in perfect registration, with nice white borders all around and a big ol' stamp from Howe on the Piedmont back. The card is owned by a board member who wishes to remain anonymous, and as it was a gift from a family member to them many years ago, they aren't interested in parting with it. They were kind enough to share scans and I have them on my database of cards that exist.

I'll have to count singles vs. dupes tonight at home. Never really paid that much attention to it, but a wild guess would say about 50% of the cards are dupes. Several I know I have three of, and I'm pretty sure I have four of the same card of at least two players.

Paul, thanks for your help in my collection. I only hope someday to run across an autographed card that fits in your collection that I can help you out with.