Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Well therein lies part of the problem ... actually my biggest problem. I am really not 100% sure, I just know that I like the old T style cards, and some of the other pre-50's cards, but my knowledge is not good enough to feel comfortable buying anything raw. Unfortunatly, I do not have the budget that will allow me to buy high grade cards of everything I want to collect either.

My biggest challenge is always choosing what to focus on, and then not losing that focus to jump to something else that catches my eye and spreading myself too thing to really ever get anywhere.
I suggest you consider type card collecting. It is literally anything you want it to be. I never could pick one thing and have always liked variety so it is perfect. If you want to get a good look at most cards from 1900-1949 go to OldCardboard or my personal site, which has a pretty good list with pics too...... (luckeycards.com). Take your time and collect what you enjoy, not what others think you should do. Do remember that vintage collecting is a journey and most, or a lot of, the fun is in the journey itself.