Thread: 1975 sspc
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Bill Gregory

Screw Topps, if you ask me. They don't have a monopoly, as other companies can print baseball cards, but they might as well, since they alone have the licensing required to use the team logos. They release about 30 sets a year, and 27 of them are crap. They have the nerve to release T206 cards, and Turkey Reds, and Allen & Ginter, and Heritage, which is basically a rehashing of one of their classic sets with new players. They have zero creativity. And this BS they pulled with the Kris Bryant Bowman Chrome prospect autos. They pushed their 2014 Chrome, and Kris Bryant's auto was the big ticket item. So people lined up to buy cases and cases of this stuff, and they got their Kris Bryant 2014 Bowman Chrome prospect autographs, and the prices went through the roof. Only, then their next product came out, 2014 Platinum, I think.....which included Kris Bryant 2013 Bowman Chrome prospect autos. So, all those people who had thought they were getting the most in demand Bryant card saw the value of their cards plummet overnight. Completely unethical if you ask me. They should sue themselves, bastards.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.