View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
I hope you guys forgive me for posting this on the main forum, but this guy comes back from playing Washington, and takes the time to sign this and send it back to us (it is for my kid), in the middle of the playoffs. He is really a great model for kids (my boy was so excited when this came the other day). I am having a hard time here, last year Kemp goes up to SF and gives that sick kid his jersey, hat, cleats, ball, then brings the kid down to see a Dodger game in LA. Brandon Crawford has consistently made it hard for me to hate the Giants. What is the world coming to, SF residents learning to like Dodgers, LA residents learning to like Giants? Next thing you know there will be a Yankee fan in Boston! Nah....
Funny Ed, I've totally softened on my LA hatred. I was raised to be bitter that "they take all our water", "the smog", blah blad. It peaked in college where it was a 50-50 split (San Luis Obispo) and So Calers would spot No Calers within 1-2 sentences of a conversation and call them out ("hella", "the 101", "hooked up" vs "got together", etc)... but it has really tailed off the past 10 or so. It's better that way.

Crawford an absolute class act, and glad to hear that story. He's been one of my favorite Giants since he came up.