View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
News Flash!! The Falcons suck, again! Only 6 wins out of the last 24 games! A nice little 5 year run, but only one playoff win, just one!. Falcons, you missed your window big time! This was with a team that had home field advantage 2 of those years thru the playoffs, only to get knocked out in the first round. Mike Smith has been an over achiever (remember, he coached Jacksonville!), now this team is right back where we were with Bobby Quitrino (Petrino) in 2007. This defense is about as bad as I have ever seen....Jay Cutler was extremely happy today! (rarity for him) . With the money Blank has, either shit or got off the pot. Get a quality GM and coach (Jon Gruden or Jim Harbaugh would be a great start) and go forward. This current team and organization is going nowhere, and in a hurry....
Kevin- It is not normally for me, in any way, to come to the defense of anyone in the NFL. However, it should be noted that the offense is LOADED with talented, high-paid skill-position players so much so that it takes away from any defensive upgrades. I would get rid of Roddy White first - they have low priced players who can already replace his present production. Next to go would be Stephen Jackson...too many miles on those legs. They spent a high-draft pick on an offensive lineman, who shows promise, but that needs to remain a priority. They do need to replace Tony Gonzalez, or at least, get a more productive TE- and one that can block. The defense is truly a mess. There is a lot to be done there and the next several drafts should concentrate on the defense. The Falcons have a history of letting better defensive players walk rather than pay them & that needs to stop. I had not realize that they had lost 18 or their last 24 games...ugh...but none of this will happen in a hurry. Yes, Arthur Blank has a lot of money, but so does EVERY NFL owner, and that's who he has to compete with...in addition to Salary Cap constraints. One possible action would be to have some of the higher-paid players rework their contracts to be back-loaded, which would free up more money now.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 10-13-2014 at 10:30 PM.