Thread: SGC & Hand Cut
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
The problem with that, Brian, is that SGC does not indicate "hand-cut" on Post cereal cards or Bazookas either (or Hostess). I do not know if they are changing their policy or because this issue is so scarce they felt a need for the designation. Frankly I'm not convinced they are hand-cut from the scans I have seen of these and others, although I've never held one in hand.
Todd, I was not aware of SGC's policy. You are absolutely right, and I'm surprised I never noticed this omission. I have a couple SGC-graded Post Cereals, one graded in the late 90's and one from about 2009, and having just come back from looking at them, there is indeed no mention of their being hand-cut. I guess my eyes were always glued to the card and their grade when viewing them. Were it not for the fact that it is so well known that Post Cereals are hand cuts, I would feel cheated a bit. Regardless, thank you for correcting me on this. Perhaps SGC is changing their policy on divulging the hand cut nature of an issue; however, I shan't re-holder my cards just for that mention.

As for the Baltimore Oriole regional that started the discussion, I obviously would have no idea one way or the other.

Thanks again, Todd. ----Brian Powell