View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Don't give them any ideas.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbspelly View Post
Unless that lineup card is going to the Hall of Fame, that's really really bad form on Steiner's part. It actually seems worse to me than the Zimmerman jersey thing since you ordered it in advance, whereas she entered some sort of lottery and didn't have any real expectation of getting the jersey, much less a historical one. You really shouldn't be able to sell memorabilia weeks in advance with an "unless it turns out to be valuable then I get to sell it to someone else for a much higher price" clause, in my opinion. Imagine if after the game, the Yankees sent you a bill for $500 because they said getting to see A-Rod's 600th and keep the ticket stub was now worth a lot more than what you had paid for it.
I guess it would reasonably followed up by the IRS trying to tax you on the value of the stub after it gained historical significance!

As long as fans keep supporting the game by spending their money - regardless of what the "talk" is, the money makers have no incentive to do anything differently! Want to really make a difference, get people to send letters stating how much they have spent on games, souvenirs, food etc in the previous 12 months and their decision to quietly protest by not spending any money for 1 year, 2 years etc. for each incident like this that occurs. It would be like a "fan strike" of sorts!