View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Okay guys...the list is still pretty accurate...That list is cards seen for sale. If you take actual sales data (which I keep pretty accurate data on) and prices realized (not listed for), some things have popped up.

The reason Cycle seems easy is that there were two rather large finds of Cycle cards a few years back and even a decent find (about 30) happened about four or five months ago (maybe longer).

Piedmont 42 seems to be scarce but I still think that might be a bit of a function of people not always realizing they have one. Don't get me wrong, they are tough. I own about 50-60 of them and have been pursuing them for about 15 years (before most people realized Piedmont had two factory numbers!). The prices have crept up a bit but I think that is also a function of the set as a whole creeping up.

Last year, most of my p-f-g commons I bought were between $12-$15 with common backs. P42s were around $15-$25 but now are a little higher. Of course, I just bought a p42 for $16 about two weeks ago so it is always in flux.

I have seen most prices rise a bit over the last six months (darn!). American Beauty has increased a great deal but I think that is also more people trying for the rarer backs. Broadleaf has increased a great deal as well. I think Hindu is still strong and has increased but not as much as others. There is very little data on Hindu (although Hunts had a few the last year) and about the same on Drum (I think there were less than 10 total combined sales year to date on those two combined). Never mind a blank back.

Hassan 30 seems pretty difficult. I rarely see them for sale anymore and wonder if they are truly a tougher back. There are always a few on ebay (several have been there for years too) but not that many. I still think my data is accurate on that one.

As an aside...we all know that the stray line of stats on the Moran is from Mattern's card...did you know that the stray line of stats on the Wallace no cap/2 lines card is from Miller's card? That typesetter needed some help.

Just my thoughts and observances (and I do not only track ebay, btw...I spend a great deal of time watching website sales/listings, auctions, etc.)

Joshua