View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:44 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Default T205 Pied 42's gaining ground while others lose

I have noticed the 42's finally gaining ground on the other backs. The HOF'ers have gained the most but even the commons are 2-3x's normal backs. Very exciting for the 205 community since we always seem to be the ugly step sister of the 206's.

People are out of touch with reality when it comes to Cycle backs for some reason. Not really sure why it's like that when the market is showing little to no premium for them. Only the Sp's in my opinion should carry a premium since it is the toughest back for them of the 3 backs they are printed with and probably less than 5 copies of Cycle backs are known for the 12 players. Commons are commonly found with Cycle backs in enough quantity to not need or create a demand for premiums.

AB's have held steady with the HOF'ers gaining ground fast. I can remember buying HOF'ers in low grade (A-3) a yr or two back for just over market price. Now these same cards are commanding 3-4x's as much. Hope to see the commons catch up soon. The Green AB's have caught the attention of collectors and caused a small increase in the price. This is understandable since the cards with Green AB backs are the toughest back to be found for those cards. The Black AB's have held steady with small increases pending players.

I am interested to hear any feedback on what other collectors are seeing and what they think the future is bringing.

Member since 2009