View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Mike P.ap

Default good points also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I still like the look of the SGC holders the best. From my observations if you have a very high grade registry card, and it is a set that is competed for in the PSA registry, then those cards bring more because there is more and stronger demand (more for registry points than the the card). Short of that I think SGC values hold up well against PSA and do better than Beckett. Personally I have all 3 TPG companies cards and I always buy the card. I do stay away from some high grade cards, in all holders, as I don't trust them to be unaltered. Just my 2 cents.
Leon,

Well said. I truly believe the reason PSA sells strong is because of the marketing they do and the registry members are higher than SGC and Beckett (so like you said, more buyers or bidders). I also like SGC holders BUT when I go to sell it seems that if I have similar grades then the PSA does better. I have seen some absolute beauties in SGC holders bring VERY high prices which makes sense because typically their higher grades are VERY nice. Good counterpoints.

Peace, mike