View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 07:06 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Good point on Beckett.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I still think that for standard card sizes, SGC w/ the black inserts still look the best as long as there isn't float. If the insert doesn't quite fit the card and there are gaps, I agree it doesn't look so good. PSA looks better in the larger holders, especially the 5x7 ones. Beckett is best for modern cards or for odd size cards where you don't want any float. With the insert, Beckett is the best, and they have a rock solid holder. They are the holder that I would be least worried about if I dropped it from 6 feet compared to the other two.
Great point Gary. I LOVE Beckett holders as they are indestructible, stackable, and the inner sleeve is incredible. The downside (there always is one) is that the vintage market seems to gravitate towards PSA and SGC. I have HARD and REAL data from experience over the past year that CLEARLY shows PSA cards sell for more (in the same conditions). PSA sells higher, then SGC, then Beckett so.......while I really prefer Beckett holders, the market still rewards PSA cards. Maybe this will change in time but I can see it with my own eyes thank you. (small print: Please don't email me saying that your SGC card sells for more. I understand the market and know that QUALITY untampered cards will sometimes sell for more. As a matter of fact I paid a premium recently on two SGC cards that were SGC 88s. I could have bought PSA 8s for a little cheaper BUT I always buy the card and not the holder.) I own graded cards from all 3 companies but PSA across the boards will assist you greater in your bank account. Nuff sed McGreevy.

peace, mike