View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louieman View Post
Jantz, very very cool info! Did not know either of those things, especially with the wet sheet transfer on that particular factory for sweet caporal. Good to know that it doesn't affect it that much, or at all. How did you come across the fact that the wet sheet happens at f#42 very often? I'd be curious to know if there's a story behind that
Well since you asked.

Years ago when I started collecting T206s, I purchased a group of raw nice looking commons with a DeVore being one of them.

At first I didn't notice the wet sheet transfer until months later when I purchased a nicer condition graded DeVore. While switching the two cards out in my storage box and had them both side by side, I noticed the transfer.

So that led me to doing a little research on some of the other cards with this back. After a while a pattern started to emerge on 9 player's cards.

With some help from other board members (Thank you Scot!), I was able to find 3 more players with the Sweet Caporal transfer bringing the total up to 12 players which I believe were printed on a sheet together.

Another interesting trait about these 12 players is that some of their cards with a different back (Tolstoi) also show wet sheet transfers. I will post a couple scans below to show you.

I should probably list the players.

Crandall (Portrait with cap)
DeVore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove on hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove shows)
Tannehill (Chi. no "L")
Wheat

Crandall is the hardest to find with the transfer. The red background makes it difficult to spot and only shows up on his jersey.

That's how I came across the transfer. I would like to note that other board members were very helpful. That's probably one of the best aspects about this board. Member's willingness to share their knowledge and experience.

Hope this answered your question Louie.

This might be the longest post I've ever typed.

Jantz

scans - McGraw (SC 460-42 wet sheet transfer) & McGraw (Tolstoi transfer)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mac.jpg (42.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Mac TOL.jpg (68.7 KB, 119 views)