View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Belltown Vintage

Just caught this.

Jim bought the photo from me, I bought it from Mears. I am absolutely NOT going to get into another long, drawn-out thing with comments from loads of experts, etc., etc., about whether or not a photo is fake, real, vintage, not vintage, etc.

The print is real and vintage. The mount is real and vintage. The crop marks are real and vintage. I am not going to get into the stamp one way or another, as this thread is the first I've heard about it not being real. I'm kind of surprised, as I've owned this photo for three years and many, many people have looked at it - it has been posted on this forum several times, as I was quite proud of it.

I don't like airing personal deals on this forum, but I can see where this is heading, and I ain't going there. Jim is welcome to send the photo back this week for a full refund. He should absolutely NOT remove the photo from the mount, lift corners or bother with it in any way. If he wants to spend more time researching it, then it is his. That's the deal - fair or not, it's the way it is.

And whoever owns the other one of these mounted Conlons from Rhys - if they want to sell it to me for what they paid, or even possibly a little more, please talk to me. It is also a real, vintage Conlon on a real, vintage mount, with real vintage crop marks. I would love to own both of them.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited by Runscott; 09-10-2014 at 07:18 PM.