View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Mike Dugan

These stadiums may seem cold and sterile but try an NFL stadium. The music blaring in between plays is deafening and the cheerleaders, while quite pretty are useless.

Last year my daughter asked that we attend the Cowboys-Packers game in Dallas as her Christmas present. I waited until single game tickets were available at $450 a piece for horrible seats at Jerry World or $185 for standing room only!

I waited knowing one or both teams would stumble and watched Stub Hub for a better deal? It never happened, we have been to the new stadium and were fortunate to pay $75 for parking and then walk a mile to the game. We were going to see the Packers anyway.

We decided to make a family trip to Green Bay next year to see them at home and enjoy some of middle america along the way.

My favorite in-person sport has always been college football, the band the cheerleaders, the old alums, etc.. Things have changed there too. One of the big moments at Arkansas Razorback games has been the calling of the Hogs. The new AD has added so much advertising to the giant video board has limited the practive to twice a game rather than the almost constant fan involved cheer? Not to mention ticket prices and "foundation requirements" that have made prices unreal.

I have returned to my sports roots and have been attending small college football games and minor league baseball!