View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Robert Williams

Ebay warns sellers against ending their items early. They state that most bidders bid within the final seconds (which is true), and that you run the risk of alienating them should you choose to do so. If it is true that EBay is then restricting the software of these companies that place bids within the final seconds so a bid is never placed, then that is a problem. No seller likes to see their items sell for less than what it is worth. For the card in question that I had, it had a known commodity with a value that most people look at as the gospel (VCP). That value was $1,250 (as of last night - I am sure it is lower now thanks to my throttled auction). If the card sold low due to a fact that Ebay is restricting these sniping programs from placing bids, well that affects me as a seller. I no longer wish to run 99 cents auctions. I also feel I shouldnt be held responsible to negligence on Ebay's part. Ebay makes it so I can't do anything really about non-paying bidders. How about some seller protection for seller's who don't wish to give an item away?

If the auction were a "true" auction that had no issues, then of course I would have no problem shipping the card off at a $330 loss. However, when I hear from multiple people that EBay is not allowing their bids to go through, well, that is a problem. A big one.