View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 04:50 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
Wow, that really stinks. It already takes nerves of steel to run regular auctions on eBay having to wait until most of the action in the last few seconds, and then tonight...no action hardly at all at the end...I was expecting a little slow as it's a holiday weekend...so thank goodness I had a very very modest reserve on two large items, the reserve was only one third met on one and one half met on the other. I had assumed both reserves would easily be met. Multiple people not getting their snipes through on them. Just image If I hadn't put a reserve on those two and they had gone off at one third of a very low expected price. At this point I probably only left a few hundred on the table, but that is only according to those who contacted me about it.
I had a card I paid $1,050 for recently with a VCP average of $1,200 sell last night for "only" $800. I had around 33 watchers at the time of closing, yet only one snipe appears to have went thru at the last seconds. The card was a rare card, appears to have been undergraded, and at the VERY LEAST should have been close to what I paid for it! This is NOT GOOD at all now that I found this out!