View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Dustin Bellinger

I dont think Pete should be allowed to work in baseball in any capacity. That ban should remain in place. The HOF is a seperate entity and he should never have been made ineligible in my opinion. Put him on the ballot and if he gets the votes he is in. His plauqe should detail his accomplishments and the reasons for his ban. I also wouldnt give him a chance to make an induction speech. He can be included without being honored.

Off topic rants about the HOF process. It will always burn my ass that the VC didnt get Ron Santo in prior to his death. Any voter that changed their vote from No to Yes after his death ipitomizes everything that is wrong with the system.

Amphetimine use was rampant in baseball for 30 years. It is a PED. No one seems interested in excluding/exposing this class of PED users but declare 0 tolerance for another. Also steriods werent invent in the mid-90s. I wouldnt be shocked to learn that a few players generally regarded as certainly clean from a decade prior had used. Instead of witch hunting and using a compiled numbers checklist for HOF induction how about evaluating players based smong their standing among their contemporary peers? I guess it takes too much thought to try to determine if Craig Biggio was an elite player during his career than to just look and see did he get 3000 hits?