View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Bill Gregory

An interesting idea for a thread, Mike. Thank you.

For me, the user name came first, and the avatar soon followed. I signed up for another sportscard forum, and when it came time to put in my user name, I just decided to do something different. As I'd just shaved my head for the first time not too long before signing up for that forum, I chose the 'stache to be a bit ironic. It was unexpected in that I not only had no mustache, but no hair on my head at all save for my eyebrows. It also served as an homage to one of my favorite baseball players growing up, Rollie Fingers. I always thought Rollie did his own thing, and besides being one hell of a closer, his mustache was legendary. When he came to the Brewers, my Rollie affinity kicked up into high gear. It shot up even more when one of my long time best friends told me on the phone one night that Rollie Fingers was one of his daughter's baseball coaches (his daughter being 10 or 11 at the time).

So, when I came here, it seemed only natural to use the same combination. I had my Rollie Fingers avatar for a while, but after starting on the T206 set, I switched to the Titus avatar because I felt it was more appropriate for the forum. And the card has really grown on me.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.