View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 12:50 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Every MLB locker room had a large sign that said if you're caught gambling you'll be banned for life. Couldn't he read?

He's never admitted to the full extent of his betting. That comes first. I believe gambling an addiction, but, as with an addiction, admitting to misdeeds and apologizing for what should be apologized for is a requirement of addressing it. And it should certainly be part of having his ban lifted. His fans don't get to admit and apologize for him. He has to do that himself.

When I see these serial lying PED users who act as if they're Clint Eastwood tough guys, Roger Clemens in particular, I think "A man would tell the truth." Clemens hasn't acted like a man. He's acted like an oversized six year old. Which should give insight into how I consider a so-called 'wronged man' like Rose. If he's continuing to lie and obfuscate, he's continuing to get what he deserves. Baseball's 'homer' fans are classic enablers, and enablers, hurt rather than help addicts.

But, as I said, if and when he finally comes clean, I'd reconsider the issue and might think the ban should be lifted.

All IMO, of course.

Last edited by drcy; 08-23-2014 at 02:26 PM.