View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Bill Gregory

Default Interesting ESPN poll regarding Pete Rose's lifetime ban

Thus far over a quarter million people have voted, and more than 80% feel that Pete Rose's lifetime ban should be rescinded. I happen to agree.

What a splash the incoming Baseball Commissioner could make if he overturned it.

I feel that Rose broke the rules. But there's no way I feel that doing so should have meant a lifetime ban. I felt that he should have had a ten year ban, which would have made him wait for Hall induction. I would have even been ok with making it longer. But a lifetime ban? No way. Pete Rose wasn't a criminal. He was a gambling addict. Lifting that ban would be the right thing to do. If I'm an incoming Commissioner, showing that I'm capable of leniency and compassion where it is warranted would be a wonderful way to start off on the right foot.

What do you all think?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-23-2014 at 11:48 AM.