View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Mike P.ap

Default My take....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Like all Sellers, I get a buyer who retracts his bids during the final hours of an auction. Annoying as it might be but what irks me even more are the buyers who tell me to cancel their bids in the final hours.

Do you feel that it's the Buyer's responsibility to retract his own bid? I feel that when a buyer asks me to cancel a bid, its because they don't want another retraction against their record.

Many times I oblige if the buyer has a relatively clean record but many times I just give them the link to retract it themselves.
My thoughts on this are that you should never cancel someone else's bid. That is their responsibility. Chances are they will be outbid or even rethink it and keep their bid valid.

I have cancelled bids at my own discretion for various reasons: glaring error, suspect bidders on high value items (I then block them after I cancel their bids), simply changed my mind before the 12 hour rule. All of these are rare but when you do a lot of deals on Ebay, you will have these situations arise.

My 2 cents.

thanks, mike

Last edited by vthobby; 08-18-2014 at 05:17 PM.